Monday, June 6, 2016

Hello June, Hello Sunshine, Goodbye WIPs

Bird Rescue

Good news on the bird rescue front.  I found the little guy had joined the family of other blue jays in the front of the property.  I feel much better now.

We are finally having sunshine and breezes so I expect we will dry out for the summer.  I am VERY happy about that.  It means I can stitch on the screened in porch and on the patio....once I get rid of the moss that is!  Everyone is enjoying the fantastic weather!


17th Century Irish Garden, Liz Turner Diehl

I simply cannot continue this project; not enjoying it in the least and am not excited about seeing it finished.   Nothing wrong with it; I simply am not enjoying it.  So I have put it away for a while.  This is as far as I am going right now.  I could not even bring myself to finish the last corner before giving it up for now.  


Pumpkin Swirl, Glendon Place

Still beading this project.   I am taking it out of the rotation until I get back to California in November.  I am confused and the original pattern is in my book there so this project and the other Glendon Place dessert series projects will have to wait until next year.

Old World Vinery, Chatelaine

Have a good start on this project.  Of course, I am loving it.  I really enjoy the variety of specialty stitches and watching it come to life.  Thus, my addiction to these wonderful designs.


Knot Garden, Chatelaine

Making good progress on all the DMC portions of this project.  It is a great one to work on when I am outdoor and waiting around for something.  There are specialty stitches and beading, but I choose to leave them until the end so that I can launder this piece when all the DMC is finished.
If you are a Chatelaine addict like I am, you might notice that I did not do the little birds that are supposed to be sitting on the gates.  I decided to leave them off.  

Dragonfly Dreams, The Sweetheart Tree

As if I need another project I was inspired by the latest fabric of the month from Dye Stitch Love.  It is called Faerie Whispers and think it will be perfect for the Dragonfly Dreams (and Bumbler Bees).   These two two small pieces (about 50x50 stitches each) are perfect for when I do not have the patience or concentration to work on any major projects.  I have to say that so far I am not really enjoying this project.  I want to do it, but I think other charts have spoiled me.  Also, these pieces are really tiny.

I love the fabric, but this tiny little stitching....I just don't know


Blue Heron, Imaginating

Since we have Blue Herons on the river this will be a good project for the guest bath.  It is straight cross stitching on a piece of jobelan "Winter Storm."


Mini Mandala 05, Chatelaine

I could not resist starting another Chatelaine that is smallish.



June will be busy with chores and getting ready for our trip in July.  I have some finishing to do and getting things kitted and prepared to travel.  More on that in a later post.

Thanks so much for visiting.  Hope your summer is off to a great start.


2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're not feeling some of your WIPs right now, but sometimes it's really best to put them away until they call to you again. No use forcing yourself to work on something you don't really enjoy!
    And you do have some great new starts to make up for it! I'm curious to see Old World Vinery growing, so far it looks nothing like to design I have in my head, which is not unusual for those mandala pieces when there is only a little to be seen yet :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments. I am really enjoying working on Old World Vinery. I am almost finished with the "center" and will be posting a photos soon.

      Delete