Friday, June 10, 2016

A Full Finish




I made the Wildflower by Posey collection project into a pillow and mailed it off to friends in Michigan as souvenir of their trip to Texas.  I wish I was a better seamstress, but it is not my strong suit.  I hope she will enjoy it at any rate and that she will remember their family trip fondly when she sees it.

The backing fabric came from the local Textile Studio and was just perfect with the local wildflowers on it.



I am spending most of my time working on Old World Vinery by Chatelaine.  Since I will not be taking this with me (due to size and materials) I want to get as much done as I can before we leave.

I will sure miss my stitching spot by the window.



Will post a photo of my progress when I get the middle portion completed.  Have not yet decided if I am going to bead as I go or wait until it is finished.


Have been busy with chores, changing out some rugs in the house and getting corners and baseboards cleaned.   Also working outside trimming shrubs and painting the new pump house that was recently built.

I will certainly be ready for our trip in July.

2 comments:

  1. Great finish, I love that fabric you used! And I so envy you for that amazing stitching spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pillow is beautiful. Well done! It's a lovely gift.

    I also have the JAT stand and I'm very happy with it.

    Spring is a very busy time but I hope you get some restful stitching moments in as well.

    ReplyDelete