Tuesday, April 26, 2016

April Almost Over Already!

It has been a whirlwind of chores since we got back.  I did have some stitching time.  The weather has been too beautiful to be inside during the day so I need to come up with an outdoor project.  It is good to be back on the bend.


Orchid Intrigue by Summer House Stitch Works

I wanted to do something with varigated threads.  I purchased a grab bag from Mo's Sale (they sell hand dyed threads) and simply have not been able to find any place to use them.  So, I used the pattern from Just Cross Stitch Magazine.  I used a 35 count linen in Watermelon and one strand of Mo's Pretty Bird.  It was an interesting stitch, and I have no clue what I will do with it.


I still want to do some other things with varigated threads, but it may be a while.

Mini Mandala IIC, Chatelaine

I framed the second of the set of three Mandalas

Mini Mandala IIB


I used the wrong thread for the algerian eyelets in the center, but I am not sure I am going to re-do them at this point.  They would be the dark green color and for some reason I had a brain face and used the variegated silk.

Books Reading Books, Heaven and Earth Designs

Also finished the second "row" of pages on Books Reading Books.  It is coming along and I am doing a version of parking that is making it a little bit easier.  I am working in columns by color and it seems to be helping.  I am just a little under half way done.  It amazes me how it looks when I step back from it.



That will about wrap up this month.  I am looking forward to some new starts for May.  I am kind of in a rut, but I do want to get some of these older projects finished this year.  One can always hope!

Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

  1. Yay on beautiful weather and outside stitching! We're having a sudden fit of winter at the moment, so it's mostly indoors time. Great progress too, I'm glad the semi-parking method is working for you as well :)

    ReplyDelete