Thursday, December 31, 2015

Plans for 2016

The week between Christmas Day and New Year's Day is always a time to plan for me.  As I think about 2016 and the projects I want to start (there are many), I am reminded that I should probably plan some finishes for the year as well.

My plan (currently) is to have one new start per month.  I would love to say that I could have a finish a month, but I think that is pushing it.  So perhaps a finish every two months (major projects that is).


Pumpkin Swirl has gone into the UFO pile.  Somehow I just could not get the count right on one section so it has come off the frame and gone into the "this WIP is killing me".  The good news is that Gardens of London has come out of the TWIKM and will be back in rotation for this year so it may be the year of the Chatelaine for me.

JANUARY Start:

Cotton Sampler from Chatelaine.

 I have chosen a piece of 28 count Jobelan in Stormy Grey.  I am really looking forward to this project.  I have had it for a while and it has been calling to me for months!

 


I  have several other Chatelaine designs that I have kitted and want to start sometime this year.  Perhaps if I finish one of the others I have going!  

And of course I have many, many other things in the works.  Still have an Ink Circles project, the KnotGarden and a Mini Mandala from Chatelaine,  Home of a Needleworker (which may end up unfinished for years) and the two Needlepoint projects I started during our trip west this year. 

Speaking of Knot Garden.  I realized last night that I put some silks on it.  I was determined to get all the DM work done, wash it, THEN put the silks on, but I guess the specialty stitches were calling to me.  Not sure what I will do now.  May go ahead and throw caution to the wind and try to wash it before I put any more silks on.  

It has been hard to get into stitching this month (December) as I have been cooking, entertaining, playing with grand girls, trying to get the house organized and, of course, eating!  

That is it so far.   Thanks so much for visiting.







1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to see what else you have planned for the new year - that cotton sampler is one I didn't know yet but I bet it will look stunning when stitched :)

    ReplyDelete