Thursday, September 3, 2015

Plans for the Rest of 2015

Before I get into the WIPs and planned projects for the rest of this year, I have to share a "gadget".  I have tried every type of eye assistance to enable me to stitch without sitting under my Mighty Bright light.  I LOVE my Mighty Bright light and have several of them as a matter of fact.  I have tried many types of magnifying lamps and it is by far my favorite.  That said, I have tried many, many things that might help me stitch during the day in different places...like in the car, on the patio (stitching outdoors is one of my favorite things), on the porch, in a waiting room, etc.  Over the years I have tried it all, clip on magnifiers (I have every strength they make I think), the kind that are like headgear (once again I have every strength), the one that is supposed to hang around your neck and sit on your chest.....none of them worked.  I recently purchased BIG Vision from one of the thousand catalogs that I get.  They came in a few days ago and I used them this evening on the patio.  THEY ARE AWESOME.  They are plastic so I want to make sure I don't scratch them.  I cannot remember what I paid for this pair, but I went on Amazon and they have them for about $15.00.  I am definitely going to order at least one more pair.  They fit over my glasses and work like a charm.  So far, I am sold!  Here is a photo.

 

On the Cross Stitch stuff.

I have decided on my projects for the rest of this year.  Well, for the time being anyway.
In addition to Books Reading Books (HAED), Pumpkin Swirl (Glendon Place), Gardens of London (Chatelaine), the Ink Circles, and all the rest,  I have added a few more.


I want to do a couple of Halloween themed projects.  These two patterns are from the September 2010 issue of Cross-Stitch and Needlework magazine.   I plan to do these in DMC.  Just what I need, more WIPs, right!  I think that only bring me to 7 or 8.

Wicked Wanda:  I am going to use a variegated thread for the border rather than all the color changes and because I am not that crazy about 'words' I will probably leave that off.  For this project I decided to support my local quilt shop that carries DMC and Cosmo threads.  It is quite a shock to pay so much for DMC floss but I need to do my part to keep the local shop in business.  I suppose it works out since the pattern was relatively free from an old magazine.  I am doing this on 28 count ivory Jazlyn.

Here is the progress so far:


This is a really fun project.  She is turning out to be larger than I had anticipated and I am enjoying it.


Pumpkin Patch Quilt Shop:  I want to do this for the local quilt shop here in town.  The ladies there are so nice and supportive.  They are always trying to get me to quilt!  I am using a piece of 32 county DMC linen that I dyed myself during my dying phase. 



Here is my progress so far:



I got a little carried away with the Halloween theme.  I also have my first Alessandra Adelaide pice called Haloween Tree.  I think I am going to do it on a 28 count linen from Dye Stitch Love called Key Lime.  It was the April 2015 fabric of the month selection.  It is a color I would not usually choose, so I thought I may branch out a little.


I may not get to the AAN this year.  That should give me time to change my mind about the fabric!


I also decided to do a piece for each of the Grandgirls for Christmas.  I decided to do a Nora Corbet Alphabet design for each of them.   I will post them when the patterns and materials arrive.

That should keep me busy for the rest of the year!

Thanks for visiting.


2 comments:

  1. Yay for finding an eye assistance that works! I can see how it would be annoying to be bound to your stationary light when stitching...

    Great new starts too, Wicked Wanda is awesome, and so are the dyed fabrics for the other two, I really like the Lime so I'd say go for it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I am having fun with Wanda! It is my first time with this particular fabric....i may have a new favorite.

      Delete