Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Computer Woes

I recently had a crash on my laptop computer.  It is in the lab now where they are attempting to retrieve my data files.  I have lost everything.  Sad as that is, it is not the end of the world.  I can re-purchase the patterns from Chatelaine that I lost.  Not optimal, but does take my to-do list down a bit.

The biggest problem is that Windows 10 is on most new computers.  It does not work with Blogspot.  Photos will not load from the computer to the blog, so any photos I took with a camera cannot be posted.    I am going to attempt to use my IPad for future postings until there is a fix or I get my old computer back without the new Windows 10.  The funniest thing is that for some reason I cannot type on my Ipad without a thousand errors!  Who knows what I might post!

And while I am on the subject, the photo program for Windows 10 is just terrible.  You cannot organize your photos into files or folders where you want them.  It seems they all go into one place by date I believe.  It is interesting to me that microsoft had such an easy photo program before, and they just chucked it and put in something unusable.  I guess there must be a crisis in Silicon valley.

So that is my tale of woe for today.  I am hoping the issues will be resolved but I am not holding my breath!

My advice, for what it is worth, is that if you like the way your photos are organized, do not upgrade to Windows 10.

4 comments:

  1. Around here, many new computers are offered with Win 10, but the option to do a downgrade to 8.1 and even 7 - maybe your could look into that? :) Also, if you still have the license key from your old laptop, you should be able to reinstall it on most new computers, and Win 7 licenses are also really cheap to come by these days, we just bought a few 'just in case' for 17€ each...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info. I will have to talk to the person who is trying to retrieve my information and see if I can stay out of Windows 10. If they get the photo thing worked out I might be able to learn it!

      Delete
  2. Hmm, I have Windows 10 and I can load my pictures here fine. But all of my pictures were taken with my phone, not a regular camera. I don't know if that has anything to do with it? I don't know about putting them in files, etc because I've honestly never done that, lol. I hope you figure it out soon. I know how frustrating computer stuff can be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That IS interesting. I never take photos on my phone. I am not sure it takes photos. Here again, I am not in the current century. I just hope the computer gurus out there will get it figured out.

      Delete