Saturday, October 18, 2014

Day 2 of the Journey to California

Had a really good travel day.  The weather is just about perfect.  Tonight we are in Deming, NM.  I have always loved the desert, and it is just beautiful here. 

We are staying in a new park (new to us anyway).  It is a 55 and over park (for which we are well qualified).  They have some funny rules, and a lot  of goat heads, but it is really nice and they allowed us to park so that we have shade on the passenger side of the coach.  I do not know what the secret is to get shade, but we often have sun on the side where we like to sit out in the evening. 
 And the dogs are pretty comfortable I would say.




Am still working on getting a comfortable place to stitch while we are in route.  I have moved from the front to the living room area and it is a little better. 

Am working on Bay Dunes mostly.  Got some decent progress made.  Still over half way to go, but I am enjoying the colors.  I have to constantly remind myself that I am doing the half crosses the opposite of my usual way. 


I finally gave up on the Santa stocking that has been a WIP for what seems like ages.  All the fractional stitches just drove me nuts.  I have not totally given up on a WIP that I can remember, but I have so much more that I want to do.  I decided at my age not to stress about it.  So I took it off the frame and will start another project I want to do.
Bye santa

On to Arizona tomorrow. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just found your blog through your comment on mine. (I didn't realize until tonight that I had comments pending.) I'm glad that my info from the needle class was helpful to you. It opened my eyes as well about what needle sizes to use and when.

    You asked about subscribing to my blog. You can copy and paste a blog address into your "Reading list" on your personal blog dashboard by clicking on the "Add" button. Then every time that blog updates, it will appear in your Reading list. I've subscribed to you. :0) Hope that helps.

    ~ And your dogs look precious!

    ReplyDelete