Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Stash Organization

Since you asked for how I organize (and I use that term VERY loosely)....here it is.

Have been working on organizing the way too many projects and stash items that I have.  I cannot say it is working, but I am giving it a good try.

If you know me, you know that I never have ONE of anything.  I always get at least two of whatever it is.  And I tend to pick up things at thrift stores.   I cannot pass up bags of floss, scroll pieces, etc.  I also stock up when needles, thimbles, markers  and other supplies are on sale.   And, of course, there is not a notion out there that I won't try.  It is a sickness.

I am to embarrassed to show you a photo of all the kits I have accumulated that need to be done.  There are many!  I think I may go through a donate a few of them.

I do kits most of the time, so I end up with threads from different companies.  So, I separated the left over thread by manufacturer, Bucilla, Candamar, Dimensions, etc.   I picked up some plastic boxes at the thrift store recently, so I have used them to separate and label the leftover threads from various kits. 






I also recently picked up a sack of Sullivan thread.  I have been wanting to try it, but so far have not used it for a project.  Those threads have their own box so far.



Most of my stash threads are DMC, so I got floss bags and this cardboard box to put them in.  I am sure there is a better way, but this is working for me now.   I am working on an inventory system but that probably won't happen any time soon!








I have several plastic tote bags that I have picked up over the years that I use to throw extra supplies and notion items in them.
This is also very handy to take a project along when we are in the RV.  It zips closed so nothing will spill out of it, and it keep the project nice and clean.  Well, it would if I actually put the project in it...............


I have a DMC over the arm of the couch thing that I have used for years.  I have a smaller plastic tote that it fits in perfectly for traveling.   I have altered it somewhat.  I used a glue gun to attach the thread heaven to it.  I attached the top so it is on upside down.  That way it is handy and it fits perfectly back into its cap.  If I could figure out a way I would glue a magnet to it.  The glue gun did not work......the magnet was too strong, and when the scissors were stuck to it the glue didn't hold up!





And I still end up dropping my scissors on the floor, dropping a needle or two and constantly loosing my markers or pencils.  But, it is better!

Even with all this I never seem to be very organized when I am working on a project.  But, it gives me lots of toys to play with when I need a break from stitching!  And, of course, I am always on the look out for more ways to organize. 

I am working on a post about how I organize each project.  Can't imagine why anyone would be interested in that, but have had requests for it.  So stay tuned and happy stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment